Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring...the season of new beginnings and a fresh start.

Spring. 

Just saying the word brings to mind tiny blades of green grass poking through my brown lawn.

I am ready for the new life Spring brings and the beautiful colors that come with that. 

Trees will start budding and I can already see my tulip bulbs making their way up from beneath the cold, hard ground.

While Spring may not be my favorite season, weather-wise (I love Fall weather!), it is my favorite in terms of the way it brings forward new beginnings.

It's as if everything wakes up and starts anew.

Coming off the harsh weather of Winter, whether we know it or not, we long for what Spring brings. 

I always feel like Winter is the most trying time of the year.

I feel myself shutting down and begin to hibernate.  Spending any time outdoors is almost unbearable because of the freezing temperatures.  While I love being inside my cozy, comfortable home I still prefer the flexibility of enjoying our screened porch time, too.  Not being able to go in and out, equally, starts to have an impact on my psyche.

As the weather begins to change and nature comes to life, I feel myself doing the same.  I have already started a 'honey-do' list for Ed and I find myself watching the weather forecast each day to see if I can get outside to use the power washer or paint and stain. 

It dawned on me that Spring is not only about these new beginnings, it's about a fresh start, as well.

Fresh start to heal heartaches.

Fresh start to right a wrong.

Fresh start to share your heart.

Fresh start to laugh.

Fresh start to cry.

Fresh start to love.

Fresh start to embrace the season with renewed hope.

It is what it is.

p

No comments:

Post a Comment