Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On The Right Track...

It took longer than I had imagined. 

I knew it would come when it was supposed to happen. I believe in that. I'm not always the most patient person, so the fact that it took almost two full years was sometimes frustrating. 

When you leave a job that you love, I think there's a mourning period. I didn't want to walk away. But certain issues are non-negotiable to me. So, I left. I've totally embraced the months I've had at home and I've never regretted the decision I made to leave.  

As I watch our four kids plan their lives and talk about their future careers, I am sure to tell them to find a job that they love. I can't think of anything better or more important to say. 

I've been fortunate to have jobs that I truly loved. I've worked with wonderful people who have become life-long friends. 

I've also had jobs which challenged me in some ways which weren't positive. I've worked with people who didn't become friends and I wouldn't necessarily want to see again. 

But, I'm grateful for each and every job thru the years. 

At this point in my life, I was looking for the job that didn't seem like a job. One that makes me want to get out of bed each morning. One that reignites the passion I have for working with kids. One that allows me to work with people I can admire and can call my friends. 

I want the perfect job. 

Several months ago, two of my husband's cousins came to our house and told me about a new daycare that they were opening with their friend. All three teachers in the Winchester school district, they had decided to leave the public school arena and go into business for themselves.

They asked me to be a teacher for them.

Not only would I be able to utilize my teaching degree, but I could work with two women who became family when I married my husband all those years ago. These cousins turned into my friends and I couldn't imagine a better atmosphere in which to work. 

I jumped at the chance. 

2016 brings not only a new year and a new business for Monica, Rachel, and Amy...but it brings a new chapter into my life, as well. 

The waiting is over. 

It took longer than I had imagined. 

But now I can say my life is On The Right Track.  

It is what it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment