Thursday, January 22, 2015

And so it begins...

I have thought about starting a blog for quite awhile now.  The past several years have been interesting to say the least.  Life takes twists and turns that we don't always anticipate nor expect.  But, I'm starting to realize that "it is what it is".  This is the path I'm supposed to be on.  My blogs will be about how I navigate this journey. 

I tried to define myself once and found that being a wife and mom were the two most important parts of my life.  I had a moment of panic when I wondered if this was enough.  Should I be more?  Was there something else I was supposed to be doing?  Should I be making a bigger impact in the world?  From the moment our first son was born, I knew that I was meant to be a mom.  It was the most natural feeling I had ever had. 

As I work myself through this new Blog experience, I plan to just share 'me' with you.  I feel like I'm the same as so many mom's who never go a minute without her children on her mind.  Putting the words into this blog will probably be therapeutic and maybe others will see themselves in what I write.  I can't imagine I'm the only one out there. 

Since I'll be talking about our family, let me introduce you.  My husband is Ed.  He's the father of our four kids.  Our oldest son is Braxton, 24.  Next, there's Blaize, he's 22.  Our 21 year old son is Brody.  The baby is also our only daughter, Bentley, 19.  And we do have a mutt rescued from the pound several years ago, Oliver, although he's not very good with people (ha) so not many know we actually have a dog!  More about all of them later.

Sometimes there is laughter...sometimes tears.  But, we always seem to make it through as a family.  It's not perfect.  Not by any means.  But, it's our perfect. 

It is what it is. 

p


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment